Last night I had one of the best conversations of all times… in a dream.
In my dream I was talking with Dr. Strong.
The two of us discussed what we are calling “the Deep State Workout.”
Here’s how it works:
1. After you get out of bed in the morning, you remain on your feet until at least noon. At no time do you sit, other than to defecate (quickly – with no reading while you do so).
2. Whenever you have the urge to sit in a chair or upon a sofa, you opt-out and sit in the deep squat position instead. Dr. Strong says this breaks up your training and makes you vigorously healthy.
3. All the exercises you do must engage your feet. This includes walking, jumping, running, squatting, pushups, joint rotations, calisthenics, isometrics, stretching and so on.
4. Seated meditation of any form is not allowed. If you want to meditate, you do so while standing in place or while moving (Dao Zou is an excellent example of an exercise that puts you into a deep state of bliss without even trying).
5. Keep in mind that standing and moving are the keys to increased energy, health, strength, power and vitality throughout the body. Sitting makes you unhealthy, irritable and weak. Dr. Strong says that staying on your feet all day will turn you into a fat-burning machine.
6. Train your mind-body to do all tasks as you stand on your feet. Respond to emails, talk on the phone, read, watch videos, listen to audios and so on, while standing and/or walking.
In regard to walking, the slower the better. Remember, your objective is to remain on your feet until at least noon (preferably much longer). If you go for a walk then come home to sit, you are doing your body far less good than if you stood in place until noon.
In Dao Zou, two of the many objectives are moving at a super-slow pace to still the mind and gain control over your emotions. One to two miles per hour is ideal. Faster is not better.
Remember: Slowliness is holiness – or in this case, slowliness leads you into a “deep state.”
Your mindset shifts from “getting in shape” to staying on your feet. If you stay on your feet, getting fit will take care of itself.
When you sit, even if it is to “meditate,” you will gradually turn into a blob, and chances are you will also turn into a cantankerous, crotchety old person, long before your time.
I’ll be posting more videos for you in the Matt Furey Inner Circle on “The Deep State Workout.” These videos will help you activate the latent power within your body-mind and make you a proud patient of Dr. Strong.
Kick ass – take names.