Three years ago I began to spill the beans on how fat
the Chinese are getting. No one would believe me.
Now the word is spreading and others are chiming in.
Yesterday, Al Sears, M.D., noted in his health segment for
EarlytoRise.com that 20% of the Chinese population is now
Think, my friend, that’s an awful lot of people.
Now, there will be some who will blame Mickey D’s and Kay
Ef Cee for the increased weight in China. Yet, these companies are
only part of a major movement in China – a movement AWAY from eating
foods that are natural and unprocessed.
Others will blame the increased girth on the amount of meat the
Chinese consume. Yet, the Chinese and meat have long been
friends. Tis nothing new. They eat a ton of meat and always
have. Very few vegetarians in China.
Based on what I can readily observe in my twice-per-year voyages to
China – these are the reasons for overweight in China.
1. Increased prosperity – with more moolah, the people can afford to eat
foods in amounts they wouldn’t have entertained before.
2. Decreased activity due to increased use of cars and motorcycles.
3. Increased consumption of milk, yogurt, ice cream and other dairy
didn’t used to eat.
4. Greatly increased consumption of processed, devitalized, unnatural
i.e. desserts like pies, cakes, cookies, chips and candy.
5. Increased consumption of soda pop, coffee – less consumption of green
6. Sugar consumption is huge. Even when I order a vegetable or fruit
drink I MUST give directions NOT to add sugar. Imagine that. Adding
to a fruit drink. Unreal.
In spite of this downward trend, there are still a great many Chinese
are following the traditions that have given them superior health.
Chinese are the ones I learn from.
One of them is a 90-year old lady, who I often practice the Chinese
System with. She can run like the wind. She’s strong, flexible and
And if you pass candy before her eyes she says no.
You can see me training with her at http://
All for now.
Kick butt – take names,